[mythtv-users] VDPAU, GT220 / and xvid videos

Yves de Brauer ydebx2 at free.fr
Tue Jan 25 20:20:20 UTC 2011

Hi

I got a lot of artifacts (it is unwatchable) when playing avi videos
(xvid codec) with a GT220 card using vdpau decoding. The other contents
from TV (DVB-t, SD or HD) are played OK under the same config.
The same videos are played just fine whith mplayer using vdpau and also
on a ATOM/ION system and vdpau.
The videos are also played OK on any system whithout vdpau (but I want
vdpau for HD).

I tried to change vdpaubuffersize whitout any success. I also tried to
increase the audio buffer (Enable Extra Audio Buffering) and adding
'Option "TripleBuffer" "true"' to the Device section of xorg.conf. No
success.

Either the issue is a bug in mythtv (see ticket #9311, but why ATOM/ION
system plays it just fine?) or my GT220 card is faulty (but why can
mplayer/vdpau play it correctly?) or what?

mythfrontend version: branches/release-0-23-fixes [0.23-27202.1plf2010.1]
Nvidia driver 256.53 (I have tested 260 and 195).
Mandriva 2010.2 (64)

Yves