[mythtv-users] backend starting before one of two capture cards is initiated?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 22:32:29 UTC 2011

On 24 Jan 2011, at 22:23, James Miller wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2011 Andre wrote:
>
>> I added "started udev-finish" to /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf the upstart file for myth.
>> It now reads:
>>
>> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo and started udev-finish)
>> And that seems to wait until the devices are created.
>
> Thanks for that tip, Andre. I've just now tried it and it works as advertised.

No worries, upstart is a pig to control, Canonical are nowhere near getting the hang of it yet!

I still haven't found a way to mount a lot of disks from fstab (4 recordings disks, 2 videos, local or nfsis the same) without making booting unreliable, the only way I've done it for now is to mount in rc.local after a sleep 10.

Andre