[mythtv-users] uPnP and fast forward / skip

Bob Diss rldiss at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 22:23:32 UTC 2011

Hi all.  Just purchased a new Samsung TV with uPnP/DLNA capabilities, and was immediately able to use it to play my MythTV content.  However, I don't seem to have good support for skipping around in the TV's playback.
I can usually skip backward/forward in 10 second increments by pressing the TV remote's left and right arrow buttons.  However, these small jumps take 3/5 seconds to perform, so it hardly seems worth it.

I cannot "fast forward/reverse" by pressing the >> or << buttons -- the TV says "feature not implemented".

Is there something I could improve by changing settings in Myth?  By helping to implement more features in the uPnp support?  Or am I just stuck with a poor uPnP client in the TV?