[mythtv-users] Video file with poor playback on ION board

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:38:48 UTC 2011

Hi

On 24 January 2011 15:13, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi JYA,
>
> Please see comments in the email that I just sent. I get different
> results from within the mythtv frontend and running the above command.
> Running the above command works fine. The file resides on the backend
> and is shared out to the frontend via NFS, but is played through a
> storage group, not direct from the filesystem.
>
> Here is the log from using the commandline to play the video.

Well, you're the 3rd person I know now that can play a video just fine
using mythavtest and not at all using mythfrontend and storage group..

Something is screwed somewhere...

The work around so far has been to disable the storage group, and
configure the default player to use mythavtest ... Very weird that it
would work that way, but it seems to do it for everyone with similar
issue to yours.

Something isn't right with the storage groups
JY