[mythtv-users] Strange MythMusic File Behavior

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 00:41:12 UTC 2011

I've noticed that MythMusic creates a new folder called "music" in the
folder I have it pointing to and then makes copies of the songs I've
selected as part of my playlist. This seems very bizarre to me - why
would MythMusic need to  actually _copy_ the files? Can't it simply
creates symlinks? And for that matter, can't it simply use a text file
listing the files which constitute the playlist? Anyone know if this
behavior is intended? Does your music directory contain a "music" folder
with a bunch (1.6GB, in my case!) of copied files? Wondering if this is
a bug I ought to report.

Am running 0.23-fixes (24158) on Ubuntu 10.04.

--

Kind regards,

Martin