[mythtv-users] backend stops responding 2-3 times a day

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Jan 23 23:20:17 UTC 2011

On 23/01/2011 22:36, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 15:46 +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>> I had similar symptoms that turned out to be due to mysql struggling to
>> sort a huge "recordedmarkup" table. My problems were specific to H264
>> recordings, so I doubt if yours has the same cause, but worth a quick
>> check, perhaps. See if recordedmarkup is full of records with mark
>> 14, 31 and 32.
>
> I really tend to doubt this is a mysql error.  In fact I tend to believe
> it has to do with the Hauppagge 950Q clearqam tuner I added.  I have no
> evidence of such however other than timing correlation.

My similar problem started when I added a Hauppauge Nova S2 HD card to
my system. I then built a debug version of everything on my backend,
thinking
that was necessary to get stack traces, and the debug version didn't
seem to exhibit the problem.

I then again saw a similar problem very recently, while experimenting
with the H264
parser, but that time it was down to the huge recordedmarkup table,
as mentioned above. As you say, unlikely that other are seeing
the same, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Paul.