[mythtv-users] 1 FE and 2 separate BE-FE

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 21:50:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/2011 09:00, rawgarlic at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Because in this arrangement we have 2 complete backend-frontend
>> systems X and Y in rooms 1 and 2.
>> We don't need to setup a complete 3rd system.
>> We just need to be able to watch any available content from X or Y at
>> any given time, in room 3.
>
> Why not make X a master backend with frontend, and Y a slave backend with
> frontend?  Is there any reason you need to have two independent systems,
> rather than tying them together so they share tuners and recordings?

That seems to me to be the solution, but one question - how do you
merge the two databases? X will have recorded a set of programmes, Y
will have recorded a set of programmes, there may be an overlap (same
programme recorded on both systems).

Having seen Mike say very often that outside fiddling with the
database can muck up a system, does anyone have any suggestions for
the OP on how to merge his databases?