[mythtv-users] 1 FE and 2 separate BE-FE

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Jan 23 15:29:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 03:20:04PM +0000, Andre wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2011, at 14:00, rawgarlic at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Can a single Myth frontend be setup as:
> > A frontend to a Myth backend-frontend system X
> > AND
> > A frontend to a Myth backend-frontend system Y

   It might also help to tell us what you are trying to acheive with this
sort of setup. It's pretty common for myth setups to have multiple backends
feeding into a single master backed and a single database. My own setup has
2 slave backends for satellite tuners and another box that isn't really a myth
box but contains a lot of storage used by all of the machines on the network.

[deletia]

> If you don't have these yet, it's very easy to set up, the only difference between a master backend (or stand alone) and  slave is the slave has no database installed and the master backend IP address in the backend setup.
>
> I have a similar system to make use of two sets of satellite feeds installed to two separate rooms.

[deletia]