[mythtv-users] Moving my mysql database to another drive

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 23 13:33:55 UTC 2011

  On 01/23/2011 01:12 AM, Michael Rice wrote:
> I am having some problems that may be related to disk performance.
> (See http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2011-January/070387.html).
> I have an extra drive and I am thinking about moving the database to it
> to see if it helps the situation.
>
> If anyone has pointers/gotchas on doing this (especially on Fedora)
> I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Is there any particular way I
> should format the drive to help performance?
>
> Thanks.

As far as the DVD move goes, the most important thing to remember is
that you shouldn't use a binary MySQL data file copy.  Instead, use a
SQL-based backup created with appropriate export options--my
recommendation: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .

I'll leave the question of file system/formatting to someone else who
knows that stuff better than I.

Mike