[mythtv-users] upnp server not working?

Frank Hartmann soundart at gmx.net
Sun Jan 23 12:30:56 UTC 2011

Frank Hartmann <soundart at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I encounter problems while trying to connect a upnp client.
> The problem is: I cannot see any recordings in the client.

> Some data:
>
> I am currently using the prebuild packages from
> http://debian-multimedia.org. Mythtv is version 0.24
>
> The upnp client is a TechniSat TechniStar S1. I tried a linux upnp
> client "enna" version 0.4.1~r3557-1 too and could not see my recordings
> either.

Hi,

I have reinstalled mythtv from scratch and still no UPNP playback with
my TechniSat client and the "enna" client.

Yesterday I read about XBMC here and tried that one and voila: The
mythtv recordings are visible and playable.

After some reading I found out that there is since 2006 "version 2" of
the UPnP Audio and Video specification and probably before that there
was a "version 1" on the other hand there are many other related things,
which could do the same (DLNA) so I could be wrong. Currently I suspect
some incompabilty here. (?)

What version of the specification does Mythtv implement?

kind regards
  Frank