[mythtv-users] Broken links in .24 Release Notes

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Jan 23 04:37:15 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>

> On 1/22/2011 7:28 PM, Clifford Snow wrote:
>
>> I was attempting to read about the removal of the DVD Import feature of
>> MythTV in the release notes for .24.  When I click on the commit number
>> shown on the release notes, the git web site returns a 404 error. I
>>

> Your best source of information for that is this mailing list.
>
> re: http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-November/302568.html
>
> Read the entire thread, the reasons of the removal is given in that thread.

I actually read the thread initially which is the reason that I looked at
the release notes.

> I'm not a git user but I did try to find the the information but failed
>> miserably.  I'd be happy to update the wiki if someone could point me to
>> some instructions on how to find the commit notes.
>>

> Don't do it for now as I believe a solution to that issue will come.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my programing abilities, but I was
actually talking about fixing the broken links in the wiki.  The release
notes may not be the place I should be looking, but the links should at
least point to working pages.

I am interested in seeing MythVideo's DVD Import returned.  What I hoped to
better understand the underlying problem.  From what I think I read, Storage
Groups are preventing us from having the import feature.  If so, what
exactly is the problem.  I've read the storage group wiki, and while I
understand the concept, I don't understand the implementation.  Googling
storage groups does not help either.

Clifford