[mythtv-users] editing theme ?

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Sat Jan 22 22:51:40 UTC 2011

On 22/01/11 18:24, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I has been using mythtv four years now, and now is time to build new
> server. Things have changed a lot after my last update (0.21)
> Of cource I'm going to 0.24. I have almost everything working as I like.
>
> Now I'm fighting with themes, and I like mythbuntu very much.
>
> Problem is that it has one strangeness. It is difficult to explain, as
> english is not my mother tongue. But I try:
>
> I use media library a lot. Under "watch videos" I have about thousand
> videos, and that is why I use it in list mode, content is shared to
> folders and folders inside them. It is easy to browse what you want,
> example hd-videos/genre/a-h/hancock.mkv.
>
> Mythbuntu shows all rows with active lines with same colour. It is
> extreme difficult to see where you navigate. One picture shows more that
> thousand words:
> Here I am at movies sub-folder:
> http://img843.imageshack.us/i/mythbuntu.png/
>
> And with other theme, mythcenter, same situation:
> http://img88.imageshack.us/i/mythcenter.png/
>
> As you see, with other theme it is easy to see where you are.
>
> With mythbuntu, it is almost impossible to see, where you are, because
> all lines are exact same colour ( at this example it looks like I'm
> navigating at action subfolder, but I'm at movies)
>
> This is surprisingy big problem, my wife is swears all time when she is
> confused.
>
> How can I edit theme to more easier to read?
>
> Thanks,
> -Kane
> I have tried to browse theme folder to find a way to change that color
> to more different between active and inactive row, but haven't find a
> way to do it.

I've not looked at the xml for the theme but it sounds like you just
need to add a <selectedinactive> state to be buttonlist definition the
buttontree is using. You will probably find the buttonlist is defined in
the theme's base.xml.

You'd probably be better contacting the theme author and telling him/her
about the problem and I'm sure they will fix it and pass the necessary
changes to us.

If you don't get any joy let me know and I'll fix it myself :)

Paul H.

Thanks, Paul.

I will check the file you suggested.
I'm not very familiar with themes, but let's see what happens when I try..

-Kane