[mythtv-users] Fanart problem

Mattias Vik magion at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:33:02 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 13:40,  <junos7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update.
>
> Every entry in videometada has just a filename in fanart. When I change this
> to a complete filename with path, the fanart works... Dont want to update
> everything manually. On the settings I have the fanart folder spesified.
>
> Could it be a wrong parameter in jamu.conf?
>
> Cheers,
> Junos
>
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:13 PM, <junos7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey.
>>
>> I had the posters and fanart working nicely for a long time. I added some
>> new movies and ran jamu.py again and after that the fanart pictures are no
>> longer shown. The posters are working as before, though.
>>
>> I tried to initialize the whole thing from scratch. I deleted all
>> fanart/banners/posters files and deleted everything from
>> videometadata-table. Even deleted the themecache. After this I searched for
>> changes in mythVideo to get all the movie-files into the db. And then I ran
>> 'jamu.py -MRV', after which I ran 'jamu.py -MV'.
>>
>> It then retrieved the metadata. The posters are visible but no fanart....
>>
>> Im running 0.24-fixes from the github and Arclight.
>>
>> Mythfrontend on normal loglvl says:
>> 2011-01-22 13:07:12.193 MythUIHelper, Error:
>> LoadScaleImage(14161_fanart.jpg)Unable to find image file
>> 2011-01-22 13:07:15.638 MythUIHelper, Error:
>> LoadScaleImage(170_fanart.jpg)Unable to find image file
>>
>> ...though the actual picture-files are in ~/.mythtv/MythVideo/Fanart (with
>> read-access). I have done apt-get install upgrade, perhaps that changed some
>> dependencies..
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Junos

I've had exactly this same problem before, I was running Mythbuntu 9.04.
I never really fixed it, but did a quick-and-dirty workaround... I
wrote a little script that was run once every minute from crontab
which updated the database and added the correct path in front of the
filenames.
Not a very good way to fix it, but atleast it worked.
For me the problem started when I switched to using Storage Groups,
but then I couldn't use external player anymore, so switched back to
not using Storage Groups, and that's when the problem started.
Now I'm only using the internal player and Storage Groups, and have
never had this problem since.

/Mattias