[mythtv-users] Is MythTV slowing down my SSH?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 09:15:50 UTC 2011

Dave M G wrote:

>I know the MySQL issue seems like a remote one, but I have spent the
>last week or so exhausting all other SSH issues I could find on the net.
>
>So I'm not willing to rule out MySQL database issues (or anything else),
>until I have a confirmed solution of some kind.
>
>If there's something else I can try, please let me know.

Quick & Dirty test - shutdown Mythbackend and MySQL, see what
happens. If SSH speeds up again, start up MySQL and see what happens.
And so on.

Have a look at the output from "top", what programs are running ?
Also have a look at network traffic. "netstat -anp" will show you all
the open ports (listeners) and active network connections. Something
like "iptraf" will show you network traffic (as will other tools).

--
Simon Hobson