[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag and multi-core cpu setups

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Sat Jan 22 04:05:22 UTC 2011

I see in mythcommflag that --hogcpu will cause the flagger to use as
much of 1 cpu as it can.  I have a quad-core cpu (AMD @ 3GHz), but I can
still only get ~33fps for 1080i content, and I like to flag sports
events real-time so that I can start watching them about 1 hour after
they start.  Is there any way to get mythcommflag to use more than 1
cpu?  I only have 1 hdpvr on this system, so I would only be running 1
commflag at a time anyway.  I already have the JobQueueCPU setting at 2.

Thanks,

Derek