[mythtv-users] Mapping of play button on my remote

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 06:32:33 UTC 2011

On Friday 14 January 2011 18:50:15 E. Westbrook wrote:
> This seems like such a natural user expectation of playback control
> behavior, to me anyway, that unless I'm missing something, I think it
> should definitely be "normal" and "default".

Sorry, I missed your post (and just saw the thread activity now.) Even though
the purpose of an explicit play and an explicit stop button is could very
easily be argued as being redundant in current electronics (a relic from the
(video)tape player, I guess). If one changes away from it, then it confuddles
the non techical people in the shortest time.

Thanks very much for digging up this bit. It most certainly solves my problem.

> > Indeed, it is required for WAF += 1;
>
> Quite so, around these parts anyway. :)

Ever since my previous propriety player refused to play .mkv, I decided that I
never ever want a unit that relies on the firmware updates from some
manufacturer. Unfortunately placing my homebrew Gentoo toy in the lounge means
it must have a leash around its collar. Ma lede was very patient and she does
enjoy it tremendously. She also accepts as certain amount of quirkyness, but
it would be nicer if...

So thanks for this pearl.

Frans