[mythtv-users] Mytharchive and jpeg2yuv

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:57:00 UTC 2011

On 1/20/11 10:47 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:

> Pre-processing recording 1: '/mnt_tb/video/1042_20110120135700.nuv'

OK, I guess I missed the part where you said that you were using nuv
files.   I assumed that since you had an hd-pvr, you were basically
doing the same thing that I was.

How did you end up with nuv files?   From transcoding?  (automatic?
manual?)

> **ERROR: [mplex] Unable to read from /mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.m2v.
> ERROR: Failed while running mplex - mplex -f 8 -v 0 -o
> '/mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.mpg' '/mnt_tb/dvd/work/temp.m2v'
> '/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/music/menumusic2.ac3'

When generating DVD menus, mythburn.py does something like:

        #Paste the overlay image onto the background
        bgimage=Image.open(backgroundfilename,"r").resize(screensize)
        bgimage.paste(overlayimage, (0,0), overlayimage)

        #Save this menu image and its mask
        bgimage.save(os.path.join(getTempPath(),"background-%s.jpg" %
page),"JPEG", quality=99)

So as mentioned before, it's never taking PNG files from the theme
directly into jpeg2yuv.  It's using the JPEG output from the above.
After mytharchive fails, it should leave the temporary files behind.  Do
you see the background-*.jpg files there?

By adding some debugging lines into mythburn.py and/or closely checking
the contents of the mytharchive temp directories  you should be able to
narrow the problem down.

-WD