[mythtv-users] Technotrend C-2300, LOCK but no data on encrypted channels

Joe Hickey jfwd at phlobus.net
Wed Jan 19 22:09:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Mattias Vik <magion at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not trying to do anything illegal at all, I have a CI-interface, a
>> Conax CA module and a subscription with a card from my cable provider.
>
> You are trying to bypass encryption from your provider.  How you see
> that as not illegal is beyond me..

I just read this thread (catching up) but I didn't get impression he's
trying to "bypass" encryption at all, it sounds like his provider
(clearly not in the US) has provided all the necessary gear such that
he should be able to receive these channels in the equipment of his
choice.

However -- I can't help here either -- as I also live in the US where
the idea of receiving content that you subscribe to on the equipment
of your choice is indeed illegal, and it's basically unheard of for a
cable company here to allow such a thing.  But I like to think there
are places in the world where that is not the case....