[mythtv-users] HDHomeruns are sensitive to power adapter used.

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:34:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 1/19/2011 13:13, Alan Anderson wrote:
>>>
>>> This past weekend I rearranged some hardware so that the old HDHomerun
>>> ended
>>> up using a newer power supply.  Since then I noticed on that if mythtv
>>> tried
>>> to record from both tuners on the old HDHomerun the second recording
>>> always
>>> ended up as a missing file.
>>
>> Configure MythTV to connect to the HDHomeRun using the device ID rather than
>> IP address.
>
> and, power is power..  the HDHRs may have different requirements in
> different revisions..  The good thing about powered equipment is it's
> simplicity to feed it power..  Match the voltage and you can (except
> for non-regulated stuff) feed it reasonably close amps (always go high
> though)..
>
> I have 2 dual hdhr(s), bought a year apart, but unfortunately they
> have the same wall warts..

And - btw - remember - just because it powers it up does not mean it
is adequate for full power draw..  Much like a pc power supply...
Your machine may work just fine runnig a web browser and word
processor, but once one of your kids (or you) start up a game that
cranks up the power draw from your video card, etc - your machine may
lock up..  The hdhrs are no different..