[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:32:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>>> If you try to connect to the HDHR using the IP address, the tuner ID will
>>> be ignored, and MythTV will always access the first tuner.  If you try to
>>> record on the second tuner, MythTV will still access the first tuner, and
>>> disrupt any recordings in progress.
>>>

>> I don't recall any other recordings scheduled to start at 6:05pm which
>> would have caused the interruption.  However, a previous recording on tuner
>> 2 was scheduled to end around that time.
>>

> Is EIT enabled?

I solved the issue a couple of days ago... it was caused by different
broadcast addresses due to different netmasks.  Ever since I made that
correction, no more truncated recordings have appeared, so I believe I have
resolve the issue.

In any case, I am not currently using EIT, as I have a schedules direct
subscription which also handles the non-OTA channels in my line-up.  I did
come across some posts about EIT possibly causing an issue, so I
deliberately disabled EIT.