[mythtv-users] With HDHomeRun, which ports need to be forwarded to Myth?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 19 14:39:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> rawgarlic at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Please read my original post again.
>> I am NOT putting the myth box where everyone else can see it.
>> On the contrary, the myth box is being further isolated within the
>> existing LAN.
>>

> Then I would suggest that you put the HDHR on the same network at the Myth
> system.

I second this.

There are currently bugs in MythTV that prevent it from working fully
when the HDHR is not on the same network as the MythTV backend.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/460168?do=post_view_threaded#460168

The currently recommended way to configure MythTV to use an HDHR is to
use autodiscovery, but that won't work across networks.

Eric