[mythtv-users] With HDHomeRun, which ports need to be forwarded to Myth?

rawgarlic at gmail.com rawgarlic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:32:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

For your purposes, the WAN side of FW2 should be connected to the LAN
side of FW1.
Exactly. That is what I have mentioned in my earlier posts.

That way you simply open a hole in FW2 to allow the myth box to access the HDHR.
If the myth box is sitting behind FW2, then myth's outbound traffic to
the HDHR will not be an issue.
It is the inbound traffic to myth from the HDHR that will be blocked
by FW2, by default.
In that case, which hole / port(s) need to be opened or rather forwarded?