[mythtv-users] OT What's the easiest way in 0.24 to add media from a Windows share?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Jan 19 09:42:37 UTC 2011

On 19 January 2011 19:08, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:07 AM, Anthony Giggins <
> seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>
>> Kinda off topic but I current mount 3 CIFS shares from fstab but the 3rd
>> fails to Mount with the following errors
>>
>> mount error(12): Cannot allocate memory
>> Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
>>
>>  CIFS VFS: cifs_read_super: get root inode failed
>>
>> The 3rd is my music collection which contains 650 Odd Folders in the
>> format Artist/Artist - Album
>>
>> Is this a limitation of CIFS linux implementation or a bug? currently
>> running kernel 2.6.32.21-168.fc12.x86_64 on Mythdora
>>
>> is anyone else able to mount large collections via CIFS?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony

> I googled the CIFS error for you:

I thought for a second my google foo escaped me

I've already allowed the user (ie. mythtv) I'm mounting the share as Full
Permissions in both Sharing and Security, there is no local user only LOCAL
SERVICE (this is Windows 7) I've also added Everyone Full Access but still
the same issue.

And like I said the other 2 Shares mount perfectly.

Cheers,

Anthony