[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:12:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net
> wrote:

> Did you really need more then 255 IP's on your home network? :)

I can't remember all my network addressing rules, but I think that in IPv4
are at least two reserved addresses (the .0 address and the broadcast
address) in every subnet, that would be 253 addresses.  I'm sure someone
here will chime in on the other ones I've missed.

Anyway, while I don't use all the addresses, it's nice to be able to
subdivide my network into logical blocks.  So I have one block for dynamic
DHCP addresses, one block for hardware devices, one block for PCs, etc.  For
example, laptops get .103 for their wired connection and .203 for the same
laptop's wireless connection.  It's really wasteful of addresses though, I
only do this with the private address blocks.  Using this kind of strategy
with the public address blocks is a small part of the cause of the IPv4
address exhaustion.

Does anybody know if the HDHomeRun can talk IPv6?