[mythtv-users] MythMusic Playback "Sounds" Weird

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Tue Jan 18 16:17:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:36:34 -0600, James Oltman wrote:

> I sent an
email last week, but I was a moron and forgot to tar.gz the FrontEnd log
file and I think the email was blocked. New install of MythBuntu 10.10
x64 with JYA's repo.

> joltman at hometheater:/var/lib/mythtv/music$
mythfrontend.real --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug
reports.
> MythTV Version : ab31624
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.24

Network Protocol : 63
> Library API : 0.24.20101129-1
> QT Version :
4.7.0
> Options compiled in:
> linux debug using_alsa using_jack
using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg
> joltman at hometheater:/var/lib/mythtv/music$

When playing back audio in MythMusic, the music sounds strange. Not
chipmunked, not slow, but kind of "stutter-y". I'm not sure how else to
put it. It seems to be happening for FLAC, M4A and MP3. Attached is a
log of the playback. I don't really understand the output, but there
seems to be some decoder lines that are interesting? As a side note,
audio sounds fine for the Internal player on any .avi, mkv or m2ts file.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

> Jim

Hi Jim,

I also has
mythmusic issues, but only when I left the plugin with the music playing
in the background. I "fixed" it by enabling the 5.1 upscaling option in
the audio settings. Now I have the issue that I first need to play a
video or recording before going into myhtmusic. Otherwise the frontend
crashed. I should submit a bug report.

Robert S