[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:13:33 UTC 2011

On 1/17/11 10:42 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
> I made more than 30 dvds last year using the script from Auric site. The
> whole thing worked OK (I believe I was using myth 0.22) most of the
> time. The cases that failed were related mainly to the location of the
> cuts. Without nothing to based on except trial and error, I tried to
> avoid "black" frames.

Good to know.

But I just ended up hacking up mythburn.py to perform an addition round
of mythtranscode to do a lossless cut of commercials after it transcodes
the video to mpeg2.   (Pretty much what I had expected mytharchive to do
in the first place)

I used a tiny SD recording for testing, but it seems to work well.

The main reason for this route is that I wanted to avoid any DVD
creation method that required interaction beyond my remote control.

-WD