[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:57:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> If you try to connect to the HDHR using the IP address, the tuner ID will
>> be ignored, and MythTV will always access the first tuner.  If you try to
>> record on the second tuner, MythTV will still access the first tuner, and
>> disrupt any recordings in progress.
>>

> I think this tip might be the key.  Using the hdhomerun_config tool, it
> says "no devices detected".  This is despite the fact that I can ping the
> hdhomerun using its IP address.  I think if I can get hdhomerun_config to
> detect the HDHomerun, it may be a step towards resolving my issues.

Looks like I got the HDHomeRun to be detected by the hdhomerun_config tool.
Turns out it was indeed a problem with my network configuration.  My MythTV
box had a static IP address with a netmask of 255.x.x.x, but my Tomato
router was assigning a netmask of 255.255.255.x to all clients, including
the HDHomeRun.  Unfortunately, you can't change that setting in the Tomato
firmware.  Adjusting the MythTV box to netmask 255.255.255.x gave everything
the same broadcast address, and the HDHomeRun was detected.

Have now adjusted mythtv-setup to use device ID now and restarted
mythbackend.  Hopefully this will end the truncated recordings.  Will have
to wait until some more recordings are done to see if it worked or not.

Thanks for your help.