[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jan 18 04:40:17 UTC 2011

On 1/17/2011 23:36, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>
>     Did you define your HDHomeRun using the IP address or the device ID?
>

> I used the IP address.  Is using the device ID the recommended procedure?

If you try to connect to the HDHR using the IP address, the tuner ID
will be ignored, and MythTV will always access the first tuner.  If you
try to record on the second tuner, MythTV will still access the first
tuner, and disrupt any recordings in progress.

> When I defined them in mythtv-setup, it didn't auto-detect the ids...
> the "Available devices" drop down box only says "Manually enter IP
> address".

Make sure your MythTV box and your HDHomeRun both exist on the same
subnet, using the same broadcast address.