[mythtv-users] 0.24 Unable to toggle auto commercial skip while recording in progress

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:47:40 UTC 2011

On 17 January 2011 15:35, James Crow <crow.jamesm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was unable to find if this is documented, but I am unable to toggle
> auto commercial skip while a recording is still recording. Once the
> recording has stopped I can then toggle it. The problem is that when I
> hit the menu key the option does not display in the menu until the
> recording is finished. I have not tried to map a button and see if it
> works. This is a recent 0.24 Mythbuntu auto build, but the problem has
> been present since I switched to 0.24.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Maybe a silly question, but are your commercials being detected "on the fly"
rather than after the recording has finished?  Default settings (and the way
my box works) is that commercial flagging jobs are queued when recordings
are finished, so there would be no option for commercials while the
recording is on-going

Martin