[mythtv-users] PS3 keys

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:27:58 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Jacob Mansfield <cyberjacob at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 January 2011 15:23, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
>> lol does that count as blackmail ...pay me and we will work with you not
>> against you? <spam(?) link removed>
>> Cheers,
>> Dean
>
> 1 what on earth is this
> 2 what does it have to do with a ps3
> 3 what does it have to do with mythtv
> 4 why is it posted on the mythtv mailing list if it is about a ps3

Come on there are many threads hereabouts on the PS3. Relevance to  mythtv?

1. The PS3 seems to be widely acknowledged as a good video rendering
machine, and

2. It is a closed system, but

3. Info about cracking the PS3 would assist in making it an even
better/more useful machine,

4. Ultimately perhaps resulting in a mythfrontend (or an xbmc port, or
something useful!)

In reality isn't this crack likely to result in greater hardware sales for Sony?