[mythtv-users] usbserial & lirc?

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 21:16:12 UTC 2011

Dave,

A serial header is the easiest/cheapest way to go.  But be aware that
there are two ways the internal header can be wired.  See the site below.

http://www.frontx.com/pro/cpx102_2.html

I bought a header from these folks for a couple of bucks; worked fine.

Joe Henley

PS:  I used a PL2303 USB to Serial adapter for a long time for my IR
receiver.  Worked fine.  But there are a zillion different ones out
there so YMMV.  You could try to sym link the /dev/ttyS0 to the
/dev/ttyUSB0 (lircd set up for ttyS0, physical device on USB0).