[mythtv-users] 0.24 Mac OS X Build

John Sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:15:25 UTC 2011

On Jan 16, 2011, at 8:19 AM, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> At 7:55 AM -0800 1/16/11, John Sturgeon wrote:
>> The main problem I have had is with skipping forward and back in shows lagging by about .4 seconds each time... makes for a very slugging/painful viewing experience.  Also, watching HD content on my Mac Mini suddenly became a chore.  Some settings would work to get 1080i back up on it's feet, but 720p from ABC seemed to be very jumpy/jerky no matter what I did.  Crashes at least once/day (WAF is going VERY down at this point).  Exiting a show would take up to three seconds.
>
> Interesting.  Sounds similar to the problem described in:
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9223
>
> Note that Mark only applied this commit to fixes/0.24 on Jan. 14.

I've been following this closely, and yes, I built yesterday, but perhaps my osx-packager did not pull the correct version since I'm still getting some of the same  Waited 100ms for video buffers ULAAAUUAuUALUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAA errors.

>> I've been successfully building 0.24/fixes from Git and have been happy with the update.  skipping forward/back still lags a bit, but not so much as to make it unusable, and playback of all HD content is as smooth as usual.
>
> Also interesting.  Did you rebuild in the last day-and-a-half to pick up the commit above?  A number of people are having trouble getting a successful build, see:
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9426
>
> If you do rebuild, make sure you use the newest version of osx-packager.pl as it will download and install Yasm (if you don't have it already).  There are several assembler-optimized routines in the ffmpeg code that Myth uses.  *I* think that made a huge difference to the on screen display responsiveness but maybe I had some other config problem between the two builds.

I downloaded/compiled/installed YASM myself before the build, but yes... I did build yesterday.

Looking at the current build of mythtv on the mac sourceforge site, I see it updated yesterday, I find it difficult to decipher Git versions... when was the version up there (v0.24-108-g798359f-dirty) built?

--
John <><