[mythtv-users] Harmony remote (as Antec RM-200) generating keypress on down and up

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 14:36:56 UTC 2011

On 16 January 2011 03:07, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In looking through some of the sample lircd.conf files under
> /usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon i note that some of the RM-200s are detected
> as: bits   64
> When I do irrecord, it detects the remote as: bits 32
> Could this be the issue? If so, how do I tell irrecord that it should be
> bits 64 and have it create a file from that?
> OR
> I also notice a comment in the file for a couple of keys that says things
> like "# MouseKeyboard also spews 0100007f between press and release..."
> Do I need something to capture the second code it is spewing when I
> release??
> I am struggling to understand what it is about these files that captures the
> extra info thrown by these additional codes and ignores it?
> I have tried using these lircd.conf files and they don't work (at least irw
> doesn;t show keypresses when they are used).

sorry, the repeat = x was for the 01 / 02 / 03 times presses, the
multiple 00 tho I dont have a clue on, but i think your going in the
right direction by looking at the imon driver area, I dont have a clue
on irrecord as av never used it, just irw to check the remote,
although I think it's change with later kernels as the kernal handles
the remote and maps to a keyboard, think it uses irxevent, might be
worth a look at that...