[mythtv-users] Back-to-back recordings

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 13:58:02 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-16, at 8:16 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:

> Unfortunately programs sometimes overrun, so that the end of a film sometimes ends up in the next recording.
> Is there an easy way to navigate to whichever show was recorded after the one I was just watching?

Take a look at the "All Recordings" group which is organized by time.

There's a better option if you're recording from a DVB card or an HDHR - multirec. When you have back to back recordings you can get it to record to both files during their overlap period.

In brief, from the setup program you add a second, "virtual," tuner for your physical one and tell the scheduler to avoid putting back to back recordings on the same device. Tuner config is in mythtv-setup and scheduler options are in the frontend setup menus.

- George