[mythtv-users] Getting remote to start on boot

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 13:09:53 UTC 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Emmanuel wrote:

> Dave M G a écrit :
>> However, it seems irexec is still not being launched. I was hoping, as
>> you also suggested, that fixing the first problem would solve the
>> second. Unfortunately that's not the case.
>>
>> In order to get irexec to run, I have to exit Mythtv, run "irexec -d &"
>> at the command line, then start mythtvfrontend again.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get it going automatically?
> You probably can put it in /etc/rc.local. I am not sure it is the best place
> but it should work.

I'd suggest rigging it into xinit, e.g. via $HOME/.Xclients or
/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/00-irexec.sh or
/etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/Xclients.gnome-session.sh or whatever suits your
distro best. That way, when you kill X (e.g. CTRL-ALT-Backspace), it'll
restart irexec, which might be handy if it crashes. You could even rig the
remote power button to a script to find the PID of the X process and kill
it, giving it a soft reset functionality (I do similarly, but only to
kill/restart mythfrontend).

> Bye
> Manu

Best Regards,