[mythtv-users] Getting remote to start on boot

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Jan 16 11:29:40 UTC 2011

Robert,

Thank you for replying.

Adding lirc_zilog to /etc/modules has made it so that my remote is now
enabled at boot. Thanks for that tip!

However, it seems irexec is still not being launched. I was hoping, as
you also suggested, that fixing the first problem would solve the
second. Unfortunately that's not the case.

In order to get irexec to run, I have to exit Mythtv, run "irexec -d &"
at the command line, then start mythtvfrontend again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get it going automatically?

--
Dave M G