[mythtv-users] Move recordings?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 16 11:27:58 UTC 2011

On 14/01/11 22:39, raptor jr wrote:
> 0.24 has been very unstable for me with a lot of lost recordings and
> failed LiveTV. So i have had a script that allowed me to go back and
> forth between 0.24 and 0.23. 0.23 worked much better for me. It seems
> now that 0.24 works a little better, atleast for LiveTV so i would
> like to use it more frequently.
> But i would like to avoid to have to move the whole database from 0.23
> to 0.24 since i have made a lot of settings and things in the 0.24
> database. The only thing that i really need from 0.23 is all the
> recordings information, current recordings, recordings that have been
> recorded and so on. Is it possible to only transfer those tables from
> the 0.23 database to 0.24? The best would to be able to only move part
> of the tables that is necessary, but if that is not possible i could
> move the complete tables.
>
> But is that possible? Or do i need to move the whole database?

You could try the native archive in MythArchive I used to use it to move
recordings between machines all the time but tbh I haven't tried it for
quite a while now so something may be broken.

It works by copying the recording and creating an xml file with all the
metadata from the DB in it to another location, you can copy it to a DVD
or USB stick or if the two machines are networked together to some
shared location on the network. You then use MythArchive to import the
recording onto the other machine complete with it's DB stuff and preview
image.

Like I say I have not used it for a while so I would be interested to
know it is is still working as intended. It would be wise to backup the
DB before trying it just in case.

Paul H.