[mythtv-users] Myth and PS3

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:16:21 UTC 2011

as I understand it (I dont have a PS3) there are people using myth
with xbox and ps3 also I understand that the PS3 is picky about the
container and codecs for video and audio.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Playstation3

It would be helpful to send the version of myth you are using; what
the source of that is and ideally the build number.

So if I understand correctly you need to look into recording profiles
and transcoding; to change the output of the hdpvr to something the
ps3 will play.

alternatively you can look at upnp servers that include on the fly
transcoding (if you have the cpu power available) such as mediatomb.

sorry I cant be more help; and it maybe that the hdpvr output plays
fine on the ps3; what happens if you copy the file to the ps3 and try
and play it directly on the device?