[mythtv-users] Reference fanless frontend, frontend, backend, fe/be

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 14 15:51:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had an online discussion with someone (not on this list) that was
> being very patronising and abusive while telling me that hi is
> transcoding a bluray rip to 2gb (from 25gb) and it is completely
> lossless.

Completely lossess, certainly not. But I transcode all my blurays
rips, and most end up in the 2-4GB range, and it seems as good as
lossless to me. As far as the video, I've done back and forth
comparisons with the source m2ts files and can't really see a
difference. For audio, yeah, I give up the master audio track, but the
core audio track is pretty much the same to me.

--
Ron