[mythtv-users] FC14, lirc_mod_mce, MS MCE Keyboard. Anybody have this working?

Brian Kirkman bkirkman at qwest.net
Fri Jan 14 04:46:12 UTC 2011

>Blacklisting mceusb did the trick.  Thanks Jarod!

>>> Hello all, I've been trying to get a MS Media Center Keyboard working
>>> with my recently built FC14 based Mythbox.  I downloaded the latest
>>> lirc_mod_mce and after working through the compile issues needed due to
>>> changes in the 2.6.35 kernel, I was able to successfully install the
>>> kernel module and use irw to verify that the extended keyboard buttons
>>> worked (Play, Stop, etc.) although none of the standard keyboard keys
>>> worked.

>>For starters, I'd try blacklisting mceusb and see if that gets you
>>any further.

>>In the long run, I plan to integrate the keyboard functionality into
>>the mceusb driver, but that work keeps getting delayed by a myriad
>>of other issues.

>>--
>>Jarod Wilson
>>jarod at wilsonet.com

Derek,
Could you share a few tips how you were able to compile this?  I got it to
compile from the latest sources by updating the 'usb_buffer_alloc' and
'usb_buffer_free' method calls, but the module won't load without
crashing.  Did you replace any of the source files?  I'm also trying to
compile on x86_64, which might be an issue.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian