[mythtv-users] Flag to allow channel change script to know whether you're watching Live TV?

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Thu Jan 13 13:27:33 UTC 2011

Does anyone know of a convenient way for my channel change script to determine whether it has been invoked from a Live TV session?

I'm trying to incorporate some functionality into my script to "clean up" any OSD elements (TV guide, favourites etc.) on my STB output before beginning a scheduled recording. Given that the detection and correction of unwanted elements takes a few seconds, I'm keen to only use it for scheduled recordings and not for every channel change in Live TV.

I guess that looking for a Live TV start-up message in the backend log might suffice, but would appreciate thoughts etc. on a more elegant approach. Could a flag even be made available via the channel change call from Myth, much in the same way the channel.freqid is passed?

There's a limit to how much TV you can watch through a minute PiP window because the wife inadvertantly pressed the Guide button on the remote before heading off to bed....

Thanks in advance,

Mike