[mythtv-users] Digital+ (spain) EIT info

Hugo Sigurdson hugo at sigurdson.net
Thu Jan 13 13:10:53 UTC 2011

On 01/12/2011 10:29 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> 2010/12/15 Josu Lazkano<josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
>> Hello, I have a Digital+ (spain) satellite suscription. I want to get
>> the EIT information to complete the channel guide. Is possible to get
>> EIT data on this provider? I need a XMLTV grabber?
>>
>> I have configured the capture card (Tevii S470) to active EIT scan. I
>> have no problem with DVB-T EIT scan.
>>
>> I will appreciate any help, thanks for all your help and best regards.
>>
> I don't know why but it works!!! I think that there are some frecuency
> changes on the provider, I just rescan all the channels and now I have
> EPG data on them, there are just for current and next programs, but it
> works!
>
> Thanks and best regards.

Hi Jose,

I had EIT like that until a few weeks back, it turned out the my cabel
provider (Comhem Sweden) sends EIT info on a MUX where I had no channels
tuned.

When I added a channel from that MUX I got data for two days instead of
the current and next program. Even though I did not have that channel I
could still get the EIT data as it's not encrypted.

To find out which MUX had the EIT data I used
http://bryars.eu/projects/tv_grab_dvb/

I just ran a dvbscan to generate a new channels.conf, took one channel
from each MUX, tuned that channel with czap, ran tv_grab_dvb, on must
MUXs I got output around 100K, but on the one with EIT data I got a 2 MB
file.

/Hugo