[mythtv-users] Problem when channel stops transmitting

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 19:14:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

Michael: I have 1 card with one tuner and I think it's called KWorld DVB-T
100 and that have always worked with Ubuntu and not requiring any special
driver. The other TV card is a Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T-500 and it's installed
according to
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500 and have
been working fine.

I think the problem started ~6 moths ago but have not taken the time to
figure it out....but it's very annoying every time it doesn't work. I have
been thinking of a complete reinstall but that requires a lot of work so I
would really like to avoid that. The good thing is that I have moved web-
and mail server to a virtual machine (less work to reinstall...and yes
MythTV backend is running on the host OS)

Mike: Do you have any more information and is it any solution of that UK
problem?

Best Regards
Joacim

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
> wrote:

> On 11/01/11 19:42, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 01/11/2011 02:23 PM, Joacim J wrote:
>>

>>> I have scheduled recordings on a children channel (Nickelodeon) and often
>>> the tuner is in recording state on that channel and at 07.00 PM the
>>> transmission stops and I get problems to tune in other channels.
>>>
>>> I have been running MythTV for several years and have upgraded all the
>>> time
>>> but at some point I started to get this annoying problem.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea what could be the problem and solution? (I really
>>> love
>>> MythTV beside this problem)
>>>

>> I've seen similar on my system (ATSC) when tuning a subchannel that no
>> longer
>> exists. On my system, the tuner in a pcHDTV HD-3000 card used to tune the
>> "missing" channel becomes "stuck" until a reboot, but with an Avermedia
>> A180,
>> the card works fine after (though it does--obviously--fail to receive any
>> data for the missing channel).
>>
>> I have a strong feeling the problem in both our cases is either hardware
>> or
>> drivers. Therefore, I recommend giving more details on your card types and
>> which driver versions (and/or kernel versions) are in use.
>>
>>  These problems must surely be related to the recently-discussed issue
> with UK DVB-T channels stopping/starting/changing id causing broadly similar
> symptoms?
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Regards