[mythtv-users] Artec T1 USB Tuner

GZ gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 04:13:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Paul Buchanan <paul.buchanan at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have an old USB tuner box which I'm 95% sure is an Artec T1 (because
> it looks just like this:
> http://www.zdnet.de/i/news/200502/artec_t1.jpg).
>
> I have been able to see some acknowledgement of it being plugged in
> when I run lsusb but even though I have added the
> dvb-usb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw firmware and loaded dvb_usb_dibusb_mb and
> dib3000mc modules as I've seen described on various forum posts, the
> lights don't turn on and it doesn't appear to be available in mythtv
> setup.
>
> If anyone could offer me assistance here I would be so grateful.

Hi Paul,
It would help if you could post the last few lines of the output from
'dmesg' after loading those modules - if you don't see anything, that may
indicate that the device is not being recognized by the drivers.
In addition, it would be useful to check the output of 'lsusb' - you should
be able to see an entry for your device.

For instance, on my system, I see the following line in the lsusb output for
my USB tuner:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2304:023b Pinnacle Systems, Inc.

And I see the following in the dmesg output, indicating that it's been
activated by the appropriate driver (xc5000):

xc5000: waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-xc5000-1.6.114.fw)...
firmware: requesting dvb-fe-xc5000-1.6.114.fw
xc5000: firmware read 12401 bytes.
xc5000: firmware uploading...
xc5000: firmware upload complete...

Of course, since your device uses another driver, so the report will look a
little different.  Good luck.
-Greg