[mythtv-users] 0.25 Remote setup

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:43:08 UTC 2011

> Way more detail than you wanted:

Actually that was a nice read to understand the background etc, and
yes I see why you removed it.

I use irexec at the moment to start myth off the "green" button, and
reboot the pc (different button) in case of mythbackend lockup.

Although I have written a new script that kill's mythfrontend and then
restarts it, and am going to do one for mythbackend as the reboot
script was because the tuners failed to respond and then the backend
wouldn't lock on to a channel, I think it's been months since the
backend and tuners did this behaviour and required reboot so time to
change it over.

and am a .net dev so fully aware of trunk and what it means, but thank
you for the heads up on the video playback / recording as this system
is used all day every day for TV watching and recording so i might
wait a few weeks for the new bit's to settle.

Am just wondering if there is a better wording for the LIRC removal,
is it confusing? or just me over thinking it?

thank you for your reply's by the way.