[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend memory leak?

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:36:35 UTC 2011

>> Stuart has commented on the ticket saying it looks like it's subtitle
>> handling that is the cause, dont know if you've seen that?
>
>  No I haven't, the interest I have is sparked by the amount of Ram that
> the front end seems to use on my system, so when I saw the similar
> hardware/driver situation, I started following the thread more closely.

I agree, the frontend seems to use alot of ram, I wouldn't mind if it
settled at a certain amount, but it seems going in and out of the
guide and changing channels, all make it eat memory, even not watching
HD channels it creeps up slowly but it's hard to pin point if there is
something wrong or it's just holding more memory for stuff it's doing.

Once this HD issue is sorted I think i'll have a clearer idea and
hopefully should be able to create a new valgrind log with that issue
in, if there is one... but i would have thought others would have
noticed it by now if what am saying is true.