[mythtv-users] Can't seem to permanently delete channels

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:04:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

>> So with the DVB lineup it doesn't add the channels because it's DVB,
>> whereas the HDPVR and Firewire tuners add the channels because it's
>> just tuning an external device?
>>
>> I guess I'll have to add the --remove-new-channels option to
>> mythfilldatabase then.
>>

> Your answer was there.
>
> If it's Schedules Direct that keeps adding the channel (it is), then just
> remove that channel from the channel lineup on the schedules direct
> website... it will no longer get downloaded and will not get added.
>
> Alternately, if you want to leave the lineup in tact for some reason
> (perhaps your pulling the same lineup for multiple setups?), you can hide
> the channel using MythWeb as he mentioned.
>
> Either option will take a whopping 5 minutes tops.
>
> I did both for some of my channels.

Actually no, because some of the channels work over firewire but not
all, the ones that don't work over firewire I still need for my HDPVR
source. So if I have them enabled in SD for the HDPVR source, then
they will get added to the firewire source automatically. So really my
only option is to use the --remove-new-channels option and then
manually add any new channels when they are added by my cable company.
Not my ideal solution, but it does work and manually adding the
channels is not a big deal.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!