[mythtv-users] EIT vs. Radio Times listings

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Mon Jan 10 11:06:15 UTC 2011

On 09/01/11 22:08, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Alex Tomlins wrote:
>
>> I'm based in the UK, and currently using EIT for listings info. This
>> is working well in most cases, but for some shows the duplicate
>> detection doesn't work very well.  This is usually due to the
>> descriptions being slightly different (and no subtitles present).
>>
>> I was wondering if switching to using xmltv with the Radio Times
>> grabber would be better in this regard.
>
> Doubt it - seems the same problems :( I suspect it's the same data,
> just munged via different routes.

Ok, I did some more digging, and it seems that I don't have any
programid's at all.

mysql> select count(*) from program;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|    13536 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from program WHERE programid = '';
seem that other UK users do get programid's when using EIT listings
information.

# mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24-101-gc6c50df
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

I'm using a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T card. This was initially running
mythbuntu 9.10 with the stock packages.  I've since upgraded to 10.04,
and the mythbuntu repo.

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started