[mythtv-users] Manually entering tv schedule info

Adam Cooper Wood a at acdubs.com
Sun Jan 9 18:17:43 UTC 2011

On Jan 8, 2011, at 1:54 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 1/8/2011 01:44, George Nassas wrote:
>>
>> On 2011-01-07, at 3:21 PM, Adam Wood wrote:
>>
>>> I am interested in having mythtv record some time slots on a local channel for shows in the coming months (they do not submit their schedules to the schedule gods or however that process works). Can I safely add them to the database (beyond the 2 weeks of data SD gives me) or will mythfilldatabase erase them when it populates the db?
>>
>> I'm guessing you have a non-myth way to get good schedule data for this one channel and want it to work naturally with mythtv. If so it looks like it's not safe to mix your schedule data with that pulled in my mythfilldatabase. That's assuming your data is coming from Schedules Direct which, for most people in North America, is the case.
>>

> Presumably they're going off an ad about a new show airing a month or two out, beyond the two weeks Schedules Direct offers.

It's actually a schedule of local hockey & basketball games up through March. New info- it turns out that EIT data is actually transmitted for the channel! 'Perform EIT Scan' is ticked in mythbackend, and I also have 'useonairguide' flagged for the specific channel. Does this mean Myth should be pulling the data into MYSQL  or is this not how it works?