[mythtv-users] Manually entering tv schedule info

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 06:44:28 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-07, at 3:21 PM, Adam Wood wrote:

> I am interested in having mythtv record some time slots on a local channel for shows in the coming months (they do not submit their schedules to the schedule gods or however that process works). Can I safely add them to the database (beyond the 2 weeks of data SD gives me) or will mythfilldatabase erase them when it populates the db?

I'm guessing you have a non-myth way to get good schedule data for this one channel and want it to work naturally with mythtv. If so it looks like it's not safe to mix your schedule data with that pulled in my mythfilldatabase. That's assuming your data is coming from Schedules Direct which, for most people in North America, is the case.

You can look for yourself at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp, search for the line containing ProgramData::ClearDataBySource. Inside that function (which is located elsewhere in the tree in libs/libmythtv/programdata.cpp) it iterates all the source's channels and removes data regardless if SD has anything to say about a given channel.

One way around this would be to write your data to a similarly structured parallel table and then copy that into the main schedule table after each fill database run and then force a backend reschedule so your update is reflected immediately.

- George